I have worked lately a lot with the editor, and I like it a lot. It allows me to sketch ideas, follow them, and have them shown in a nice looking format. But when the
.mp files grow, it gets a little bit confusing, so I would like to have the possibility to fold and unfold parts of what I have written. This is how it could work:
- Allow folding globally and / or per file.
- When allowed, give small signs that the editor could fold or unfold a chapter, section, list, ... (whatever).
- When folded, give (in the text in that line) an indication by appending to the text
.... This shows that the text is folded.
- Allow to fold and unfold per "level". Levels could be: chapter, section, list, paragraph. So by folding all sections, you would see all chapters and their content, but for each section only one line with
... at the end.
- Move folded blocks as a whole by using cut, copy and paste. When a folded block is pasted, it should stay folded.
Any comments on that? I know that is not a small feature, but it would help a lot organize content visually in the editor.